Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's nice to see things through others' eyes....sometimes ;)

So as the title of this post says....SOMETIMES it's nice to see things through others' eyes and I had one of those moments over the weekend.
We were out to eat with my brother and his girlfriend and as we're all sitting around the table chatting. Mady, my 3 1/2 year old, says to Cara, my 1 1/2 year old, "what does a dog say sissy?" and Cara answers her with a very clear "woof, woof".
My brother and his gf both stopped and were like whoa, what was that, did they just talk to each other. Mady proceeded to ask Cara about sheep, cows, and ducks and Cara answered her each time. At the time, I was like, "oh yeah, they "talk" all the time". For a while, they've "communicated", Cara with her points and grunts, etc. but Mady always knew what she was trying to convey. But now, yes, Cara actually answered her sister with words and because I'm around it 24/7, it had kind of blown right over me.
Thankfully, I had my brother and his gf to give me a view from the outside and was able to see what great sisters they are becoming (in between the bickering and not sharing)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment