Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"I think it smells like thunder in here"

I was so looking forward to Mady being potty trained.
And then it happened, which means using public restrooms....

So, I have Mady hovering on the gigantic toilet (unless were at Ikea, because they have kiddie size toilets that are awesome sauce), Cara on my left hip (trying to keep her from reaching out and touching the toilet, the walls, the floor, etc.) and the first time I had the joy of experiencing this, I thought to myself, "why can't she just be in a diaper still?"

Now that was months ago and I'm so happy she is potty trained and she had provided me with many giggles in public restrooms but we had one the other day that I thought I would share.
She has never commented before on the smells in any bathroom so this was a first. We were out at a restaurant and we go in the bathroom and she immediately says "what's that smell mommy?" and I said, "I don't know honey". I didn't, it was just a stale bathroom smell. It wasn't like someone had just dropped a duece and I could give her a definitive answer. So she was satisfied with my answer and dropped it.
Well we had to use the potty one more time before we left and as soon as we entered again, she asked "what's that smell mommy?" Again, "I don't know honey". Apparently, this would not suffice this time and she decided to venture a guess at the smell..."I think it smells like thunder in here"
"maybe honey" :)

I have pictures of Mady on the potty and I considered posting one here because it seems appropriate but I'm going to save her some embarrassment and abstain.

On a potty training note, for those who have kids of potty training age, this is a must!
Kalencom 2-in-1 Potette Plus Red - this is awesome sauce on red bull! you can use it in the car, on the go, and also on big potties (if you want to carry it in with you somewhere, i do not, but you can). Also, I just use regular plastic bags from target, giant, etc. instead of the ones you can buy for it. Just put a paper towel or two in the bottom and it's just as good.

And on that, I think I have to tinkle myself now.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment